Thursday, July 10, 2008

Me and My Girls

Leighton has been going each morning this week to a history camp and loving it by the way. After the camp today, Leighton and his friends from camp went to a sprinkler park, thus leaving the girls and I with several hours to "do our thing." I told the girls to choose a place to eat lunch, not fast food, and Logan's Roadhouse won out. I believe steak tips and yeast rolls were calling Olivia's name. I think their sweet tea is some of the best!

How could we 'do our thing' without some shopping? We found just about what we had been looking for at Bed, Bath and Beyond for Olivia's new room. While I was putting the box in the back of the van, Olivia grabbed her guitar, sat down in the grass and began playing. I couldn't resist taking this picture.






Have guitar, will play - wherever.
















Fun at Claires!








~Fast Forward Eight Hours~

Out to Cheesecake Factory with 'the girls' after getting Mary Kay makeovers. Sorry, but I still don't like Mary Kay make-up. Hope that doesn't offend any Mary Kay lovers out there. I thought I'd try it again, but no, still too "greasy" and "make uppy" for me. Although, I did think everyone else's make up looked really good. Fun times with some new friends from church and what better way to let your guard down than to take off all your make up and re-apply some that a consultant thinks is just "perfect" for you. Can she be serious about making $20K a month when she picked out those colors for me? Wow, I think I'll stick with my Cover Girl -smile.




2 comments:

Hilary said...

What fun! A chance to have a day out with both groups of girls!

Gma Marilyn said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like fun!