For the last few years, around the first part of May (just in time for Mother's Day) talk of getting a new bike for me would come up. Mother's Day would come and go and no new bike, which was actually fine with me since I had a nice Huffy that got the job done. Yet, on bike rides I did notice everyone else gliding on their bikes while I was "huffing" - thus the name I guess.
Last Friday, Rich and I had the opportunity to go to the track for a nice lunch in the suites right on pit row and watch the drivers practice for the big race. We had a nice afternoon and on the way home we just "happened" to go right by the bike shop; this time we didn't pass by it.
We went for a family bike ride on Sunday evening and let me tell you, I'm gliding now!
Is this bike the greatest gift that I mentioned in the title?
NO!
The gift that Leighton made in his classroom on Friday afternoon at nearly the same time I was picking out my new bike is the Greatest Gift! Nothing on this earth can match a child's heart. The handsoap container that he decorated for me was a darling gift, but it was the following letter or "newscast" written by my eight year old boy that stole my entire heart.
This little boy is going to be used in incredible ways!
Mother's Day ~ 2009
The following is the original transcript: Dear World,
Guess what? I have the best Mom in history of Moms! How you say? She is a child of God. This is her who made goodness. Oh, she has everything good! She has nice red hair, just like the sunset. She gives me food and the crowd is going wild! If there was a contest I would enter her name. If you want to talk to her, remember she looks like a great person, that's why she is the best. Let us give it up fooooor KATHY MOORLACH
pg.2
Oh yes! I'm not done yet. She works in my class room. What's that, you think your mom is better? Well, I can go on and on talking about my Mom. She gets my school stuff. The one that I like is, drum roll please, she brought me into the world, she raised me! Me, Leighton Moorlach is going to cry. Goodnight! By the way, my Mom is better!
Leighton
1 comment:
How sweet! That is definitely one to keep in his school box of memories!
Post a Comment