Friday, January 30, 2009

"Blogged" Down but not Out!

It's February 4th and I'm asking where did January go? It seems a little silly to say "Happy New Year" since Super Bowl 2009 is already history. I believe I have some catching up to do with our family blog - so be patient, here goes, and beware of many pictures. I love pictures!!

We spent the first day of the new year at Don and Sharon's eating some delicious food and desserts, playing games and cards, and just being together. Having cabbage on New Year's Day has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. This year was no exception along with Rich's yearly question, "Your mom is going to make cabbage isn't she?" Some traditions just cannot be broken. :/

Grandma Marilyn came to Indy in early January and we celebrated Christmas all over again including Christmas dinner and a gift exchange. The girls received their quilts that they had blocked at Grandma's last summer. Marilyn did a beautiful job quilting these special quilts! Leighton got his on Christmas morning because I sneaked it home last summer.
We always have fun with Grandma Marilyn - many games of Clue were played, shopping, watched the girls futsal game and celebrated Olivia's birthday (part I) to name a few. Olivia chose P.F. Chang's to celebrate with Grandma.
Grandma got Olivia a camera for her birthday so here are a few of her first pictures taken.
Olivia's birthday weekend began with having Friday off of school because of -12 degrees. I took the kids to Arby's for lunch and since Olivia now carries her camera in her purse we had fun taking silly pictures. Later that night we went to a Pacer's game. Olivia took her friend, Ellie. Pacer's won by the way.
On Saturday, January 17, 2009 Rich and I became first time parents to a Teenager! Happy Birthday, Olivia Kathryn Moorlach!

On Saturday morning Rich and Leighton had basketball practice and I had a ladies' brunch to attend, so we left the girls on their own for the morning and part of the afternoon. I felt badly that I wasn't at home on her birthday, but also knew that we would be celebrating with her party on Sunday. The girls had a futsal game on Saturday night, Alexandra had a party to attend and the rest of us went out to eat for b-day dinner.

Olivia sitting on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse being announced to the restaurant that she was celebrating her birthday. Yee-haw!









On Sunday, Olivia and six of her friends from school, along with Alexandra and one of her friends, spent the evening and night at Caribbean Cove (hotel and indoor waterpark). By the way, I chaperoned and stayed up much of the night making sure we had no escapees!! We had ajoining rooms which was nice that Alex, Natalie and I could get a little sleep. :o)










We had one last birthday celebration for Olivia's 13th on the following Saturday night with my family for dinner. Stephen and Sarah surprised us and came home from school to be with us! Nothing like family time.


We're up to Tuesday, January 28th! The snow began falling in the afternoon and didn't stop until around noon on Wednesday. After everything was said and done, we had gotten 12.5 inches of snow. That's enough snow to pretty much shut down every school and many businesses. The kids got the day off and Rich's work decided to close for the day, too! We played games, relaxed, played in the snow and then decided to get out of the house. Where did we end up?
The month was finished off by going to another Pacer's game on Friday night. Thanks, Terry, for the great seats! Leighton, Sarah, Katie, Don, Alexandra, Terry and Gina. Don and Rich - looking intense.


We went to Phil and Melodie's for Superbowl XLIII.


Hello, girls - did you get bored with the game? CAUGHTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, are these two related? Pretty scary, huh?

No comments: