Last night Olivia had a band concert. They previewed the songs they will play at the ISSMA Band Contest. I'm still not sure what ISSMA stands for because everyone just calls it ISSMA. It was also written ISSMA in the program last night with no indication of what it stands for. I'm taking a guess at Indiana State Symphonic Music Association?? Anyway, the band sounded great and a week from Saturday at 7:30 am her band will load a bus to Westfield and play their three songs. They will then head back to the school so the three other bands from her school can do the same thing. It is nice that she doesn't have to spend her entire Saturday waiting around for the other bands to play, although, it would have been nice to be the band getting on the bus at 10:30 am Saturday morning instead. :)
After her concert, as always, we did the ice cream run to DQ. It was such a nice evening and still 71 degrees at 9:00 pm so we ate/shared our Blizzards outside, under the moon, huddled together talking about how it reminded us of Florida at spring break. We decided to call Grandma Marilyn and find out how things were going in South Dakota. What a shock to hear it was seven degrees and they were in the middle of a true blizzard! We all agreed we were happy to be in Indiana eating ours!
This morning I took Riley out for his, well, routine. Shock of all shocks - the temperature was a tad different than nine hours before! Thirty-five degrees of cold slapped me in the face. Come on, I've put away the winter coats and my tulips are coming up! The touches of spring have been wonderful, but please, bring on the sunshine and 75!
*I wish I would have thought to take pictures of our early March Blizzard eating - outside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment